Friday, January 9, 2015

Tis the Season

The winters are so difficult around here.  We run a very seasonal business.  For the last 2 years we have really struggled in the winters.  I am prepared for it.  I'm in lock down mode thinking we just need to make it to April.  3 months, so close and yet so far away.  So far we are doing okay.  Things are tight, as they will be this time of year.  But we have made some really positive changes this year that will help.  Our rent is lower by a few thousand dollars.  So that is significant.  I have 2 part time jobs this year.  They are part time but between the 2 of them I will make about $500 a week, $2000 a month.  So I have to feel positive thinking that we are saving about $4000 a month.  I think it will all be okay.  I'm also in a really positive place this year.  Last January I was 7 months pregnant and had no money (and it was my fourth kid) and I was really having a hard time being positive.  Now, we have 4 great kids, I'm doing a job that I am really excited about and everything seems on the upswing.  I am a realist, so in the back of my mind I am preparing for the worst but I'm also knowing that if the worst happens, we can still get through it, we have to.  If we did the last few years we can do it this year, things are in our favor.

I read a lot of other blogs about resolutions.  I think a lot about what is important to me.  The list is always growing.  I'm always having these great ideas on things I can do to improve my life.  I like being like that.  I enjoy trying new things.  I would always rather be the person who tried something new and was showing my kids that I have "stuff" going on then the opposite.  Sure, our life is pretty crazy sometimes.  Yes, there are days when we need simplify but overall it is good.  I want to instill in them the idea of not being afraid to try new things.  Never say no because you don't feel comfortable.

Tonight I'm going to a mommy and me painting class with my 2 oldest daughters.  They are both much more artistic than I am.  They have gone to painting classes before and they really enjoy it.  I'm excited to see them in their element and to try it with them.  It will also be good for them to see that mommy isn't the best at it, but I'm still trying and I can still enjoy myself while doing it.  Maybe I will post pics next time of ours side by side.  It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment