Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Whirlwind

Life is feeling like a bit of a whirlwind at the moment.
Things are busy, we have a messy house and a very naughty puppy who constantly makes the house messier.
Currently my daughter is wetting the bed daily.
I am trying to work from home, and with my jewelry business.
I am 17 weeks pregnant.
I am constantly driving my kids from dance class to dance class and starting soccer soon.
I never have the time to exercise, or read, or knit, or do all these things I want to do.

And yet, I decided we must take on this really big project the same month I am due.  

When I look at the glass as half full I can say:
We have a lived in, well used house.
I am lucky I am able to do all this laundry in my home, quickly and efficiently.
Thank God I don't have a 9 to 5 job where I have to leave my house all day every day.
We are having another baby!
We are lucky that our kids are able to do the extra things they want to do.

With the big project, we have the ability to make a real difference and that will be extremely gratifying.  We recently found out that our town has 50% of children in it who qualify for free lunches from the government.  These lunches are provided at school during the school year.  During the summer, they are not provided because there is no one who will do it.  We also have the opportunity to really serve these kids quality, local foods and teach them about nutrition.  So, we are going to a meeting today to try and find a way to make this happen this summer and serve the kids the good foods they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment